International Organization for Migration (IOM) is looking for a National Programme Officer according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by 21 May 2016 at the latest, referring to the vacancy notice ref. code on the e-mail subject header.
|Reference Code:||VN-013/2016/S – BD1||Position Title:||National Programme Officer|
|Duty Station:||IOM Cox’s Bazar Office||Estimated Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
|NOA/01 (UN Salary Scale)
Base Salary: 192,551.58
|Type of Appointment:||One Year Fixed Term (with possibility of
IOM Bangladesh is providing humanitarian assistance and facilitating access to basic services, particularly Health and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Education services to the Undocumented Myanmar Nationals (UMNs) currently residing in the country’s Cox’s Bazar district (bordering Myanmar), numbering anywhere from 200,000 to 500,000 individuals. To ensure that this extremely vulnerable populations basic needs are met, IOM is providing primarily healthcare, water and sanitation assistance in the district, directed at both host community and the UMNs. IOM is also assisting the local administration in Cox’s Bazar in the coordination of the humanitarian assistance to the UMNs and host community case load particularly through managing International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) service delivery (Health and WASH), supporting overall coordination of activities to identify need, track service delivery across all sectors, and analyze gaps, and ensure that all stakeholders are adequately briefed on all developments and have access to transparent information on service delivery and project plans.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), Cox’s Bazar and overall supervision of the Senior Programme Manager (Sr.PM) and in close coordination with the relevant unit the successful candidate will oversee the programme’s Coordination and Capacity Building activities.
The incumbent will be assigned to inter alia, the following tasks:
- Responsible for overall general coordination, evaluation, management supervision and implementation of the Coordination and Capacity Building unit.
- In close coordination with supervisor prepare yearly plan, contribute to develop donor proposal, identifying the gaps and assessing the needs of partners and designing innovative activities.
- Ensure and contribute in the activation of the Contingency and Response Plan for any disaster/emergency; and in the timely updating of the Plan annually.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, trainings and prepare training programmes designed for stakeholders at the field and district levels aligned to project focus areas;
- Supervise and provide guidance to the unit staff member and consultant as required.
- Liaise with government authorities, UN, Implementing partners, stakeholders’ international community.
- Prepare the donor report on Capacity Building and Coordination component, case study, review and verify the data and feed into the final compilation.
- Developing and distribution of information, education and communication (IEC) materials (such as leaflets, brochures, promotional items, etc.) through implementing partners.
- Provide feedback and inputs on overall management and oversight for the developed humanitarian information management (IM) system as required. Identify gaps assess, verify and map emerging humanitarian needs of the UMN’s and host communities in coordination with the government and other service providers.
- Ensure budget tracking, develop systematic quarterly implementation plan and utilize planned budget.
- Ensure effective dissemination of and access to information on project activities and results.
- Serve as a primary focal point for NGO capacity building component of the project; assist in identifying the developmental needs of NGO partners, and designing and implementation of trainings for them
- Undertake duty travel related to programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving and new programme developments, as required.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Gender, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, International Relations, Law or any other related fields.
- Eight years’ experience in similar role is an advantage
- Experienced in organizing consultation, workshops, seminar with high level stake holders
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; courtesy, tact and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds;
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting, problem solving and writing; Strong client orientation and service approach with personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and drive for results;
- High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
Method of Application:
Candidates with the required qualifications holding an IOM contract should submit the Internal Application Form.
External candidates with the required qualifications can apply online: http://www.iom.org.bd/page/current-vacancies/
Please ensure that your profile is complete with the latest information. As incomplete applications generate an immense administrative burden for our organization, we only accept profiles duly filled in. As a general rule, candidates who have not properly completed their on-line profile will be excluded from consideration.
Any attempt for persuasion will be considered as a disqualification
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CALLED FOR ASSESSMENT